Wednesday, May 26, 2010

El principio

Welcome to Culture shock!  Woot!  I'm a little surprised that I am feeling culture shock so quickly.  Usually, it takes a bit more time for it to hit.  Please, continue to pray for me as I'm pushing through this.

My travel from Florida to Peru was loooong.  It took, in total, 3 days for us to get to Arequipa.  Sunday night we had to spend the night in the Lima airport where we slept on the ground.  It was pretty sweet.  Haha! 

I'm so sorry that this is so short.  I'm kinda in a bind where I'm using someone else's computer right now.  My host family's house has internet so I will be able to use that service with my computer when I get it all set up.  The electric is  little iffy... I don't know if it's really safe to plug my computer in.  My roomie Roy plugged in his alarm clock and it burned up.  We coul smell the heat... uh oh.  So, we have to get a converter and also there's not plug for the third grounding prong.  So, I may have to cut that off?

My host family is very very nice.  I love the house that we are living in. It is definitely very different from the house that my Tica mama had in Costa Rica. 

Again, please keep me in your prayers as I go through this time of adjustment.  I am also dealing with anxiety from when I got robbed in Costa Rica.  That's another story though. 

Here's a friends blog if you'd like to follow along with that too!  http://www.garrenmoore.blogspot.com/ He has a little bit more of an interesting log up that you can get an idea for the area.  I'm just pressed for time ;)

I'll have pictures soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment