Saturday, August 14, 2010

Welcome to Zamacola

Perhaps I should wait to give you guys a full update on Zamacola, but I'm just so excited I want to let you all know how this is going to far.  We are all moved into Zamacola and I have my new Peruvian partner!  Whew, the Lord is so good.

First, the move.  There is good news about this move here in Zamacola.  It has a soon approaching end!  In one month we are moving, all of the 40/40, to a new home just one block away from the church.  The first floor of the apartment complex is for the guys, the second floor the girls and the third floor for the Cluster Support Family (Chad and Amanda).  This is amazing considering that we have had so many problems with relationships and stuff forming here where we are now because the girls only live in the same building but in different rooms.  How many of you parent's would want your kids going to a coed Nazarene school?  It just didn't make any sense.  So, now we get more privacy and also a better chance for hot showers!  The guys scored big from the luck I got by extracting from my host family an extra electric shower head that they had.  They are letting us use it for Puno also!  So, the happy news is we will have reliable hot showers, privacy, better living situations to keep Satan to himself and well... We have a whole apartment to OURSELVES!  It's so awesome.

My peruvian partner.  I am so excited for what is to come.  His name is Joel and he is 21 years old.  Earlier today at the pizza shop I was trying to tell Kristen, "It doesn't look like he's 21 years old does he?"  and instead I said, "It doesn't look like he has 21 years, does he?"  which is the very Spanish way of saying it!  Joel Antonio Piña Guerra, is his name.  Upon meeting him he asked me for a hug, this is perfect.  I'm so happy about the match.  The Lord is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. how mad will you be if I take a picture of Lee and I & write "in Grenada" to the side of it & put it on my blog??? it's such a cute/good idea!!! i love your blog & just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping up with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete