Thursday, June 24, 2010

Whoa Nelly!

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to know,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

This is my point of view right now.  I think it's interesting how monotone our room is... and a weird color at that.  I don't think I gave you folks an update that I made a move.  I changed locations with another guy in our cohort to help my old roommate learn the language a little faster.  I'm living with this amazing guy, Garren.  

The window, that is the blur of white light in the photo, might as well be a hole in the wall.  It does nothing to block the sound of the busy street outside.  Garren said when he and Micah had moved in he told Micah to close the window.  It already was.  

So, I'm sitting in my room listening to the garbage trucks go by playing their little melodies and the taxistas blowing their horns.  And my insides are restless.  I tell myself... easy, easy.  And I realize, I'm a horse!  

Pray that I simply listen to God.  His voice is here in my ear... rather His hand is behind me pushing me forward and my head is saying... I'm not ready yet.  I need to be at ease.  Necesito estar tranquilo.  

P.S.- The culture is so exciting again!  One of my professors gave me a history book to read on Peru.  It's all in Spanish and the words are rather beyond my level, but I want to learn them.  The love for language is coming back as well.  I'm excited to see the Lord moving in my love for the people.  I think today is another necessary step toward loving this country.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment